During your first appointment, Dr. Nina Sanai establishes a vital foundation for our relationship with you. During the visit, we make sure to obtain important background information, like your medical history, and give you time to get to know your doctor.
Your first visit will include:
- A review of your complete dental and medical history forms.
- Complete (necessary) X-rays of your teeth
- A comprehensive oral and dental examination — including oral cancer screening examination; examination of your gums, teeth and jaws (checking for gum disease, TMJ dysfunction, bite inconsistencies, tooth decay as well as assessing the integrity of your existing dental restorations and fillings). We will also discuss and review all your cosmetic concerns.
- Once the doctor has reviewed your dental and medical health history forms and completed your dental exam, she will provide you with a dental consultation, and information about any additional dental treatments you may need.
- Usually your dental cleaning can be accomplished in the first visit (but, this can often depend on how long it has been since your previous cleaning as well as the overall health of your gums).
Please arrive 15 minutes early to complete your paperwork.
You will need these items for your initial appointment:
- Your insurance card
- A photo ID
- Please request any recent x-rays from your previous dental office (you may need to sign a release or give verbal authorization).
Please complete the New Patient Form found on our website before your initial appointment.
INSURANCE AND FINANCING
We accept most traditional insurance plans as well as Medicaid for children. (We don’t accept Medicaid for adults.) Contact our office to verify acceptance of your plan. Please see our Financial Coordinator for details. We are not a provider for HMO insurances.
The American Dental Association recommends that you visit the dentist (at least) every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings, and we would love to see you here every six months to make sure that your smile is staying healthy!